Saturday, March 12, 2011

Consignment Desk Makeover


I bought this desk at a local consignment shop. It was priced $45.

BUT.....it was 50% off furniture.
So it was $22.50......Wait the savings didn't stop there.
I had a 20% off coupon....
Yes, I used a coupon at the thrift shop! lol.
So this baby was mine for $17.00!!!!
She has good bones. I painted it black and for the top I used Chalk Board Paint.

First I scuffed it up with 150 grit sandpaper, wiped it down and primed it.


Not bad so far.

Then I used chalk board paint. Dries VERY quickly.

I need to add another coat of chalk board paint to the top.
And another coat of black paint to the drawers.
I will be putting clear glass knobs on the drawer.
I found a beautiful tall crystal/wood lamp. At the consignment shop....$15
I will be spray painting the wood black.
I have a hot pink velvet lamp shade I will embellish with jewels.
I have a black and white scrolly design drawer liners for the drawer.
Once it is finished I will post the final images.
This beauty will be an addition to my girls' room. They have wanted a desk for a while.
The grand total for redoing the desk will be $80. Can't beat it!

















1 comment: